The ATO is placing a major focus on income earned from crypto, including any capital gains and losses. Look after yourself by ensuring you have all of your crypto records, including records of:
- The date you acquired, transferred, gifted, lost and/or disposed of crypto;
- Price (in fiat currency) of the tokens when they were traded;
- Reason for the transaction and the parties involved;
- All wallets and exchanges (including public ledger addresses);
- Details of agent or accountant;
- Costs associated with the purchase of hard wallets; and
- Software costs for tax management.